A baby completes the happiness of family life. That’s why parents eagerly wait for the arrival of the baby. To welcome the baby u should have a list of things you need for a new born baby. Prepare the list before the arrival of the baby. Do the shopping according to the list you prepared and get prepared to welcome the baby. Don’t go for only fancy items, rather select the necessary goods that will make your baby feel comfortable.
Checklist of newborn baby essentials
A new born baby needs some essential items for their comfort after coming out of the protected abode in the womb of a mother and stepping into the mysterious world.
- Wardrobe essentials: While buying clothes for the new born baby, you need to concentrate on not only aesthetics but also comfort. Clothes should be congenial to the baby’s skin. Choose clothes according to weather demand. That is if it is summer then goes for tiny, cute, comfortable fabric. And if the baby arrives in winter then choose some warm clothes made of wool for the baby. All clothes should be loose so that baby doesn’t face any difficulty or any kind of irritation. If your baby is born with an allergic issue, then you need to be very much careful in choosing the right fabric for your baby.
- Nursery essentials: The baby’s room should have adorable decoration. You can paint the walls as your baby will remain cheerful if he stays in a colourful environment. You will also need some furniture like a crib, crib mattress, some crib sheets, glider, toy basket, diaper changing table, etc. These are the must have furniture in your baby’s room.
- Diapers: You should have 2- 3 large boxes of disposable diapers for the baby. Changing diapers frequently is a must for baby’s comfort. You should also have some baby wipes that will ease your work and will not irritate the baby.
- Bathing essentials: Babies enjoy the bath time a lot as they love playing with water. For making the bath enjoyable for the baby you must have a baby bathtub, baby shampoo, baby soap or baby body wash, soft baby towel, baby oil, and lotion.
- Feeding essential: If you have the intension of breastfeeding then you must have a breast pump, milk storage bags, nursing pad. But if you are not going breastfeed your baby then you must have some feeding bottles, nipples, bottle sterilizer, bottle brush, and some burp cloths.
- Health essentials: Baby might get sick too often. For that reason, you must have some medicines and some first aid kits for the baby. The thermometer is also a must have item for the baby. Some sterilized gauze should also be there for the baby.
- Gear essentials: You might get tired of carrying your baby in your arms all the time. To give yourself some rest you should have some baby gears like infant car seats while traveling, stroller, baby carrier, baby swing, and play mat. This gear will give you some rest not only at home but also during traveling outside.
Some goods for the amusement of the baby
Your baby might get bored with staying in the crib the whole day. For that reason, you will need some goods that will keep your baby happy and cheerful. You can buy some toys for your kid that will help him to remove his boredom. You can also have some stuffed animals for your kid.
Things you have bought before the childbirth
You need to buy some goods before the child comes to the world as he will need those goods just after his arrival. You need to buy some clothes, blanket, diapers, bathing essentials, some gear like stroller and baby carrier, some feeding essentials, and baby foods. You should also buy some furniture for your baby’s room to decorate it. You can also paint the walls in that room. You can also buy some baby foods for your baby if you don’t want to breastfeed your baby.
Things to buy after the birth of the baby:
After the birth of the baby, you need to buy things according to the necessity of your baby. That is when your baby can sit on his own, and then you have to buy some larger toys for him. You can also get some board games and cardboard boxes for him. Not only have you had to buy a stroller to take him for a walk which is essential for his growth.
Things necessary for education
When your baby grows up you need to take care of his education from the very beginning. You should bring storybooks to him. You need to bring colourful books to introduce him to an alphabet. Not only have these you can buy lettered blocks with which your baby might be able to make some words.
Things necessary for playing
You have to bring some remote-controlled toys that will cheer your baby a lot. Also, you can get some intellectuals based game for your baby that will help to enhance intelligence. If you want to engage your baby in some game that will develop his patience then you should go for building block game. Your baby will try to build his desired structure joining one block with another. Thus he will learn to be patient from his childhood.
Shop according to your baby’s choice
Sometimes your baby may demand something for him. You can buy him that desired good to show respect toward his opinion. As a result, your baby won’t’ be adamant about something. Also, allow him to choose something during shopping. As a result, he will develop a taste of his own. Finally, your baby will be happy.
Buy all the necessary things for your baby according to the list you prepared before his birth. But it is not wise to be extravagant while buying the things necessary for your baby. Don’t buy those things which only look cute but don’t have any actual use.