Babies sleep a lot and if your baby doesn’t get sound sleep at night, then it’s going to be harder for you to concentrate on your office work the next morning. That’s why you need to be very careful in choosing the best crib mattress so that the baby fined it comfortable enough. Sometimes it becomes a great challenge for the parents to choose the appropriate one which is congenial to the baby’s skin type. If the crib mattress is not up to the mark, it may lead to some serious health hazards like an allergy. So it’s obvious that you will go for the best one for your beloved baby.
Conditions of being the best crib mattress
- Easy cleaning: You should go for a crib mattress that has both removable and washable cover. Frequent cleaning is a must if your baby is born with allergic problems. In that case, if you choose mattresses that are not easily cleanable, it may lead to serious health hazards.
- Safety: Most of the parents are not aware of the safety of the mattress. If the mattress has buttons or zippers, it may be proven as a threat towards the baby. Because the baby may rip off the button and swallow it. On the other hand, the baby may open the zipper easily and get stuck within the mattress.
- Weight: Most of the parents wash the mattress of the crib at least once or twice a week. If the mattress is too heavy then it will be a tiring and stressful task for the parents. So a lightweight mattress can help the parents a lot.
- Quality of the goods: If the quality of the goods used in manufacturing the mattress is of high quality then it ensures the comfort, safety, and circulation of air.
- Firmness: The mattress should be firm enough so that it remains flat even if the baby jumps over it.
- Ventilation: If the mattress is well ventilated then it will prevent odor. It will also help to keep the mattress free from fungus and other microorganisms.
- Size: Most of the companies’ manufacturer mattresses of standard size that will fit in all cribs. But if you have a customized crib then you have to go for a mattress that will fit in the crib.
- Risk of growing microorganisms: There is a chance of growing microorganisms under the mattress which is not visible in the naked eye. It happens if the mattress remains wet for a long time. To avoid it, the mattress should be waterproof.
Some popular crib mattresses
- Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer crib mattress: If you are looking for a waterproof, stain-resistant, dual designed mattress for your baby, then this one is the perfect choice for you. Moreover, its fabric quality is high. One problem found in it is that sometimes the baby may find it too firm.
- Graco Premium Foam crib mattress: This one is the best choice for those who want a lightweight, well ventilated, and easily washable mattress. The quality of the fabric of this mattress earned a lot of appreciation. But if you don’t open the mattress within 2 weeks after buying, there is a possibility that it will not expand properly.
- Newton Wovenaire crib mattress: This one is the best choice if you are looking for both aesthetics and functionality. It is waterproof, lightweight, and well ventilated. Sometimes babies may find it too much rigid.
- Milliard Memory Foam crib mattress: This one provides a sound sleep to the baby because of it’s no noise property. It is also easy to clean and no need to iron it. The quality of the fabric is of great quality.
- Colgate Eco Classica III crib mattress: If you are looking for an eco-friendly crib mattress then this one is perfect for you. It also has dual design, water-resistant property. But you can’t remove its cover and wash it separately.
- Dream On Me 3 Mini crib mattress: You can buy it if you need a lightweight as well as a waterproof crib mattress. But keep in mind that you will not be able to use it permanently.
- Sealy Baby Firm Rest Infant /toddler crib mattress: This one is firm but comfortable. Quality is also good and easy to wash. But it may produce noise when the baby moves which can make the babies irritated.
- Dream On Me Foam Pack n Play mattress: This one is lightweight as well as durable one. It may fit on almost all cribs. Easy to wash and well ventilated.
- Safety First Transitions Baby crib mattress: It provides a waterproof material layer. It also has extra cushioning for providing more comfort. It’s made of hypoallergenic materials. Moreover gives a firm and safe base for newborn babies.
- Sealy Soybean Natural Dream Infant mattress: It is water and odor resistant. Also, materials make a cool surface. It also has a firm base that keeps the newborn babies safe.
An essential guide to choosing the best crib mattress
There are some certificates and standards that denote the quality of the crib mattress. You need to buy a crib mattress that has the USDA logo and GOTS standard.
Many things may come in your mind when you are going to buy a crib mattress for your beloved baby. You need to choose the right one for your baby that matches your budget. But you should not hesitate to go for a high-quality crib mattress even if it exceeds your budget. However, the low-quality cheap mattress can be injurious to your baby’s health. So don’t be a miser when it comes to your baby.